Sexual Health is an important element of health & wellness for most adults.
The Bow Valley PCN supports sexual health in the Bow Valley by:
- providing free safe sex kits (with condoms) to local businesses
- sharing feature stories on relevant sexual health topics
- advocating for 2SLGBTQ+ healthcare
- STI testing information
- maintaining our sexual health resources (pdf) directory
Making healthy choices about sex is important at every stage of life. Use a condom–vaginal, anal, oral–and get tested before sex with a new partner. Please always use a second form of birth control.
Request Safe Sex Kits
Organizations, businesses and clinics can request packages of safe sex kits including condoms, lube and resources by visiting bowvalleypcn.ca/safesexkits.
View stories on local sexual health resources in the Bow Valley, see below:
- Sexual Violence: how to prevent it and what to do about it
- 2SLGBTQ+… you’ve seen this acronym, but do you know what it means, or why it matters?
- Sexually Transmitted Infections 101
STI Testing in the Bow Valley
Go to your family doctor, or contact one of the following walk-in clinics to get tested:
- Banff – Alpine Medical Clinic 403-762-3155
- Canmore – Ridgeview Medical Centre 403-609-8333
- Lake Louise – Lake Louise Medical Clinic 403-522-2184
- Mînî Thnî – Stoney Health Services 403-881-3920
- Harmony Project (Banff YWCA)
- Bow Valley Victim Services
- Centre for Sexuality (Calgary)
- Sex & U
- Action Canada for Sexual Health & Rights
- Alberta One Line for Sexual Violence 1-866-403-8000
- Calgary STI Clinic 1-403-955-6700
- Health Link Alberta: 811 STI/HIV Info Line (24 hours; talk to a nurse)
- Kensington Clinic Calgary (pregnancy options counselling) 1-403-283-9117