Current Physician Postings:
- General Practitioner 22-BMS-FAM-GP-01, Banff Mineral Springs Hospital
- General Practitioner 22-BMS-FAM-GP-02, Banff Mineral Springs Hospital
- General Practitioner 22-BMS-FAM-GP-03, Banff Mineral Springs Hospital
- General Practitioner 22-BMS-FAM-GP-04, Banff Mineral Springs Hospital
- Physician Locum, Alpine Medical Clinic, Banff (accommodations available)
- Attending Physicians (3 roles), Bow River Seniors Lodge, Canmore
- Full-Time Doctor, Three Sisters Laser + Medical, Canmore
- General Practitioner with Low Risk Obstetric, Mountain Maternity & Family Medicine, Canmore
- Locum General Practitioner with Low Risk Obstetric, Canmore General Hospital
- Multiple Doctors, Ridgeview Medical Clinic, Canmore
- Multiple Doctors, Mountain Maternity & Family Medicine, Canmore
Why Work in the Bow Valley?
Living in the Bow Valley is truly a privilege, it is one of the most beautiful and fastest-growing places in Canada. The expansive wilderness, outdoor activities, inclusive communities and evolving culture make it a wonderful place for people of all ages and backgrounds.
Our proximity to Calgary (1-1.5 hours drive) allows for excellent shopping, amenities and easy access to an international airport, offering you the convenience of city-living while enjoying a small-town lifestyle with easy access to the outdoors. We are proud that some of Canada’s top athletes and Olympians live and train in the Bow Valley. There are endless opportunities for those at all levels of sport to play, explore and stay healthy.
There are several world-class recreation facilities right in our backyard. Enjoy spectacular skiing at Lake Louise Ski Resort, Sunshine Village Ski Resort, Mount Norquay Ski Resort or Nakiska Ski Resort within an hour drive or less in winter. In summer you can play golf at one of a handful of golf courses, all of which are surrounded by stunning mountain vistas that compete with the most scenic golf courses in the world. Not to mention access to the vast network of legendary trails in Banff National Park, Yoho National Park and Kananaskis Country.
In Canmore, Elevation Place offers swimming, a fitness gym, library and climbing gym, or visit the Canmore Recreation Centre for ice arenas and the gymnastics gym. The Canmore Nordic Centre was built for the 1988 Olympics and features groomed cross-country trails in winter and mountain biking in summer.
In Banff, the Fenlands Recreation Centre for ice hockey and curling and the Sally Borden Fitness and Recreation Centre with swimming, a climbing gym, fitness gym and an indoor running/walking track.
With a vibrant and inclusive arts and culture scene, the Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity has been an iconic cultural centre in Canada for nearly 90 years; with performances, residencies, conferences and much more, the Centre brings many of the great creative minds in North America to our community making it an ever-evolving and incredibly inspiring environment. In Canmore, Artsplace offers classes, performances and more locally-focused Arts & Culture programming.
Families thrive here. There are many options for schooling including competitive sports-integrated programs, French language, French Immersion, the Alpenglow School guided by Waldorf teaching methods as well as Our Lady of the Snows, a highly provincially-ranked K-12 Catholic school. Children who are educated in the Bow Valley leave well-equipped for higher education and success in life.
See why everyone in the world wants to visit, and why a lucky few actually get to live and work here. The quality of living can’t be beat.