BVPCN LICENCED PRACTICAL NURSING (LPN) JOB POSTING
The Bow Valley Primary Care Network (PCN) aims to improve access to primary care, increase emphasis on health promotion and disease / injury prevention and improve coordination of care through inter-professional healthcare teams.
The person who thrives in the Bow Valley PCN is excited about being part of primary care reform, working as a member of the healthcare team and embracing a patient-led, self-management philosophy.
The Bow Valley Primary Care Network has an opening for a 0.6 FTE Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
As a valued member of the Inter-Professional Primary Care Team (IPT), the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) works at full scope of practice within a 2-pronged approach to provide evidence-based and equitable health care; within an individualized approach and within a social determinants of health framework.
The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for:
- coordinating screening and prevention programs;
- providing support to primary care providers in the management of patients living with, or at risk of developing, chronic conditions;
- responding to referrals and delivering individual (1:1) consultations for nurse managed visits for patients with stable or predictable states of health (e.g., immunizations, BP checks, etc.);
- supporting the implementation of health promotion and prevention strategies to address identified population health needs;
- coordinating referrals to other programs and services and advocating for health equity;
- supporting the ongoing development and evaluation of the Bow Valley Primary Care Network (BVPCN) programs.
Applicants must have the following qualifications:
Education & Professional Memberships
- Two (2) year post-secondary education in an approved Practical Nursing Program and an approved National Examination
- Active member in good standing with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta (proof of registration in good standing is required annually)
Might be required to work at various medical clinics in the Bow Valley; duties and responsibilities may vary slightly depending on clinic / patient needs
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in primary care, with skills prevalent in primary care (e.g., 24-hour BP monitoring, immunizations, etc.)
- Experience working with primary care providers, other healthcare, and community-based providers
- Experience in community-based care is an asset, including in population health initiatives
- Knowledge of the social determinants of health
- Experience in health promotion and prevention / education (individual/group education) is an asset
Other Job-Related Requirements:
- Vulnerable Sectors Criminal Record Check
- Proof of immunizations in compliance with the BVPCN policies
- As travel may be required between clinics, a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle is required
This 0.6 FTE position is 24 hours/week. The position is temporary part-time for 1 year, with the possibility of extension, contingent on PCN needs and funding.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Extended health benefits, RRSP matching and vacation allotment are part of the total compensation following successful completion of a 3-month probationary period.
Applications can be forwarded to: Danielle Richard, Manager, Clinical Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Open until successfully filled. We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.