Those of us within the 2SLGBTQ+ community oftentimes have different needs for healthcare services. See below for some relevant resources!
- Though there are several prescribing doctors in the Bow Valley, Go Freddie is another free and easy way for Albertans to access PrEP. Wondering what it even is? PrEP (short for Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis) is a 1x/day HIV prevention pill – Learn more!
- Skipping Stone offers virtual and in person (Calgary) 1:1 connection, mentoring, skill-building, system navigation, support groups, and more.
- Gender Affirming Doctor, Canmore: Dr. Zi Yue Wang is currently working collaboratively with Skipping Stone clinic in Calgary; after being referred to Mountain Maternity and Family Medicine, patients previously seen through Skipping Stone, can be seen by Dr. Wang in Canmore for their ongoing gender care needs.Once her clinic is fully operational (estimated by summer or fall of 2023), Dr. Wang plans to offer gender care to patients who haven’t had an assessment by Skipping Stone.
- Trans Lifeline offers peer phone support throughout Canada.
Breast Cancer Screening
- Peer-reviewed evidence on cancer screening for the 2SLGBTQ+ community is evolving and the AHS Screening for Life program is committed to enacting evidence-informed actions to better serve all Albertans.
- The information below is a guide for whether screening mammograms may benefit you. If you’re between ages 45 to 74,
Cervical Cancer Screening
- Overall, if you have a cervix, are over the age of 25, and have been sexually active – you should be screened. For more information about cervical screening for transfolks, read here.
Prostate Cancer Screening
- If you have a prostate, consider talking to your primary care provider about screening for prostate cancer.
- Queer & Trans affirming workout resources
- Climb with the Crush Collective
Connect with Community
- Upcoming Community Sessions
- Banff Pride
- Canmore Pride
- The Canmore Museum’s Stories of Queer Canmore
- Camp Fyrefly: Leadership retreat for queer/trans youth ages 14 – 24
Read about what 2SLGBTQ+ means and why this matters.